Saving money never goes out of style
“Recessionista” has been receiving a ton of media buzz with the ongoing economic crisis. Along with the words “chiconomics” and “Michelle Obama”, recessionista was named a top fashion buzz words for fall/winter by the Global Language Monitor. According to a New York Times article, “recessionista reflects efforts of fashion and beauty publicists to spin economic turndown as an attractive retail trend.”
But…Being a Recessionista is a Good Thing!
No matter what the state of the economy, saving money has never gone out of style. This is something DBC customers have known for years!
To be a beauty recessionista, you need three things:
- Multipurpose products that make you feel & look beautiful
- A few simple tools for at home beauty tricks
- A source for high quality products at low prices
Buy Beauty Products with More than One Use
It makes sense to spend a little extra money on products that have a several purposes. The savvy recessionista knows that the more uses she can get out of one product, the better the investment. For example, Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips have actually been designed to be used as a bronzer, blush, and eye shadow!
The Benefits of a Salon… Closer to Home
Who doesn’t love going to get their nails done by a professional? But, the average manicure can cost anywhere from $10 – $40 (and sometimes even more depending on where you go!) Even spending $10 every two weeks adds up! Why not try a DIY manicure instead? The Kingsley seven piece manicure set is currently only $5.99 at DBC and includes all the tools you need for an at home mani.
Champagne Quality Products… For Sparkling Wine Prices!
Who says you have to give up your favorite beauty products? DiscountBeautyCenter has all your favorite products, at affordable prices!
More Recessionista Tips
- The Recessionista Blog – Daily updates on how to be stylish while saving money
- 50 Ways to be a Recessionista – fifty inventive ways to save money from ditching your morning Starbucks to throwing your own circus-themed party
- How to Take Advantage of Online Discount Codes – iVillage gives you some crucial online shopping advice. (The website CurrentCodes.com is one of many fabulous sites they recommend)
- Advice on how to be a Green Recessionista – tips on saving money and the planet!
- Tyra Banks’ Guide to Recessionista Dating – Tyra, the Queen of all things Recessionista, gives some rules on how to date during a recession
How Do You Do It?
Already a proud beauty recessionista? Care to share with the rest of the class?
What do you to stay save money and look good year round?
Let us know! Leave a comment below.