It’s… The Balm!
With clever names like “Hot Mama,” DownBoy, and “Boyz’N My Berry,” it’s no wonder that TheBalm cosmetics has been receiving a lot of media buzz recently. Jennifer Sullivan, a makeup artist, and TheBalm’s VP of Training and Education, tells BeautyNewsNYC that “theBalm’s multi-use products are made of the highest quality ingredients, perfect for today’s savvy woman who wants to look amazing in five minutes while being health conscious.” In addition, almost the entire line is paraben-free!
What started out as a small, single product line has grown into a blossoming makeup company. TheBalm was founded in 2000 by ex TV producer Marissa Shipman when she realize that her love of makeup could actually be her career! She bought a few books on how to create makeup and the rest is history. Starting out with her first product, plumping lipgloss, TheBalm has truly taken off in the past nine years. Shipman is dedicated to her brand, which she calls her “baby” and she claims that there’s a personal story behind practically every product that she creates!
Recent press surrounding The Balm
- Jessica Stroup from the new 90210 is a fan of the Balm’s Plump Your Pucker Tinted Lip Gloss in Cocoa My Coconut.
- Their Hot Mama blush was featured in the March 2009 issue of Parents Magazine
- The Balms Away eye makeup remover was featured in Lucky May 2009
- The new Karate Pick-Up Liners were featured in the May 2009 issue of Marie Claire
- Click here for more press articles surrounding TheBalm